9 pets killed in Bossier City house fire
Bossier City, La — Residents of a Bossier City home were able to esape a fire this morning, but were not able to save their pets.
At 5 a.m., Bossier City emergency crews were alerted to a house fire in the 4100 block of Parkway Drive.
When the first firefighters arrived, they found flames coming from the home’s carport and attic. Everyone inside was able to get out of the house without injury. One of the victims told firefighters she was awaken by the smell of smoke and found fire in a room behind the carport, then got everyone out of the house.
It took crews about 20 minutes to bring the fire under control. Fire investigators believe the blaze was sparked in a room behind the carport and appears to have been started by an electric space heater placed too close to a chair.
Nine dogs, most of which were in cages where the fire started, were killed as a result of the blaze. The house sustained a heavy fire, smoke and water damage.