Firework safety in the Ark-La-Tex
SHREVEPORT, La. (KMSS) — The 4th of July holiday is upon us and fireworks stands are setting up in the Ark-La-Tex.
Officials with the Shreveport Fire Department are encouraging residents to practice firework safety first before you light the fuse.
Below is a list of Safety Tips:
● The best way to enjoy fireworks is to visit public fireworks displays put on by professionals who know how to safely handle fireworks.
● If you plan to use fireworks, make sure you do so legally.
● NEVER discharge fireworks indoors
● NEVER allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks
● ALWAYS supervise children around fireworks
● ALWAYS have water handy (a garden hose or bucket)
● NEVER pick up or try to re-ignite a Dud
● ALWAYS read the warning labels and follow directions for igniting
● NEVER hold a firework in your hand to ignite it
● NEVER place an ignited firework on any part of your body
● NEVER point or throw fireworks at another person
For more information on fire or injury prevention issues contact the Shreveport Fire Department Prevention Division at 673-6740.