Local News

Multiple Shreveport students taken to hospital following P.E. class in heat

Four students at a local school were taken to area hospitals after they participated in a P.E. class outside. The incident took place this morning at Broadmoor Middle Laboratory School.

School canceled at Jack P. Elementary after loss of electricity

School has been canceled at Jack P. Timmons Elementary School Friday after the power went out. Due to the concern of heat, students will be sent home.

Biomedical Research Foundation talks to concerned Louisianans

Biomedical Research Foundation is scheduled to take over management of LSU Health Sciences Center starting October 1, and many Louisianans are apprehensive about what that will mean for patients.

Southwestern Arkansas soldier killed in Afghanistan

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

BPCC sees growth

Since coming into the education system in 1967, the Bossier Parish Community College has since then built a new campus, recently graduated its' largest class of seniors and thanks to a 18.5 million dollar grant from the State of Louisiana,

Shreveport's water and sewer rate increase

The Shreveport City Council voted earlier this week to increase the city's water and sewer rates by over sixty percent, so we wanted to know how do residents feel about the increase.  

CPSO offering state training for those seeking concealed handgun permit

The Caddo Sheriff's Office is offering state-required training for anyone 21 and older who wants to obtain a concealed handgun permit, said Sheriff Steve Prator.

Shreveport PD hoping for break in 10 year old murder

Shreveport Police Department Homicide investigators are hoping for a break on a homicide which occurred 10 years ago this month.

I Love the Ark-La-Tex: Dorcheat Historical Museum

With all of the action at Camp Minden over the past year, I've found myself in Webster Parish quite a bit.

Firemen save puppy from burning house‏

Around 4:20, Shreveport Fire Department was called to the 900 block of Dalzell Street where a house had caught on fire.