Man electrocuted during possible robbery attempt
Harrison County, TX (KMSS) — Sunday, a Bethany, Texas man brought 47 year old Kenneth Bolyer to the hospital. Bolyer has burns on his hand, chest, and neck. Hospital staff determined that the burns indicated Bolyer had touched very high voltage wiring, which had electrocuted him.
Hospital staff told the Harrison County Sheriff's office that Bolyer told them he had been at an unknown spot in Waskom, a place where he didn't have permission to be removing electrical equipment and wiring.
The person that brought Bolyer to the hospital told deputies Bolyer told him that he was electrocuted at a well site, saying "I shouldn't have been there."
Bolyer is still sedated and has not been able to talk to the Sheriff's Office yet. He is listed in fair condition with non-life threatening burns on his hands, right shoulder, neck and chest.