Storm safety plan
NW Louisiana — With intense storms expected to arrive, the Red Cross of NW Louisiana wants to make sure that everybody knows how to stay safe during storms.
1. Have enough food, water and medicine for yourself and pets for 3 days.
2. Don't drive through large puddles; you don't know how deep they are and it takes very little water to wash a car away.
3. Don't walk through puddles; as fun as it may be, there could be electrical lines in them.
4. Have a person of contact outside of the danger area. It can be hard for incoming calls to connect, so my having a point person, friends and families can call this person for updates.
5. Have a safety plan in place that all families members know and have practiced.