Bossier City, La (KMSS) — Bossier City police arrested eight people and recovered narcotics, firearms and cash over the weekend after receiving an anonymous tip about drug activity at a room in a local hotel.
Police responded to the Crossland Hotel in the 3000 block of East Texas Street this past Saturday around 4:30 a.m. after receiving information that the individuals inside a room were engaged in illegal drug activity. Upon arriving at the room, officers made contact with several people inside and immediately detected a strong odor consistent with that of burnt marijuana. A subsequent investigation resulted in police recovering 6.2 grams of cocaine, 15.2 grams of marijuana, 28 packages of synthetic marijuana, 44 Xanex tablets, 1.8 grams of methamphetamine and 5 Adderall tablets, as well as three firearms. Officers also seized nearly $3,000 in cash along with various items of drug paraphernalia.
The eight occupants were arrested on charges of possession of a schedule I controlleddangerous substance with the intent to distribute, manufacturing and distribution of a schedule II controlled dangerous substance, possession of a scheduled IV controlled dangerous substance with the intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia and illegal carrying of a weapon.
• Kenneth Ansley Okker, 28, of Bossier City
• Todd Anthony Gardner, 19, of Haughton
• Jerry Dalien Walden, 19, of Haughton
• Caleb Thomas Lupo, 19, of Haughton
• Kaitlynn Renee Statton, 18, of Shreveport
• Jeffery Kradale Mays, 19, of Bossier City
• John Frederick Seweil, 20, of Bossier City
• Suzanna Dawn Hicks, 17, of Shreveport