Bossier City, LA (KMSS) — The Bossier City Police Department's Vice Unit conducted an undercover operation Friday night at several local business locations targeting the illegal sales of alcohol to persons under the age of 21.
Nine businesses were checked for compliance with sate laws and with the assistance of an underage operative who attempted to purchase alcohol at each of the businesses.
An employee at one of the businesses sold alcohol to the underage operative and was charged accordingly.
Sultan Ahmed, 45, is employed at Jubilee Express, a convenient store in the 1300 block of Barksdale Boulevard.
Ahmed was arrested for unlawful sales to person under the age of 21.
Eight other businesses were checked and all were in compliance with the law. Those businesses were:
• Ride USA – 5400 block of Barksdale Boulevard
• Clarks - 3200 block of Barksdale Boulevard
• Cascio’s Food Mart - 2200 block of Barksdale Boulevard
• Exxon - 2200 block of Barksdale Boulevard
• Mike’s Bar BBQ – 1000 block of Central Park Drive
• Texas Liquor Stop - 1600 block of East Texas Street
• Food Town - 1900 block of Benton Road
• Citgo - 1900 block of Airline Drive